Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simple yet useful

It was my turn to do washing for preschool, and one of the items was a vinyl mat that protects the floor under the painting easel. I knew it was worn around the edges, but when I went to wash it, I realised how tatty it really was. So this morning, Helen and I went to the fabric shop and bought a metre of heavy vinyl with a fabric backing. She helped me mark out the hem lines, and I dug into my thread stash and found some heavyweight thread. The thread doesn't match, but I don't think anyone will mind. The vinyl was a bit cumbersome to handle while sewing, but at least my machine coped well with it - the walking foot definitely helped with this!

Here is the new mat with the old one on top of it:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, look at the difference! The preschool teacher is going to LOVE you :)