Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vaahtokarkki

Vaahtokarkki blouse, #15 from Ottobre magazine 1/2010. Unfortunately this fabric makes it look like a flight attendant's uniform - not hideous though, just not the look I was after. I may make a skirt with this for trim and lightweight denim (same as the shorts and pants from a few months ago), which I hope will soften the look.
I made size 98 for Helen, the same size as the pink dress from September, but the sizing on this seems a bit smaller. At least I have a younger daughter who'll be able to wear it.

 
I did the sleeves a little differently than the pattern - rolled hem and thin elastic 1.5cm from the edge to make a slight ruffle.


Yes, the ruffles are slightly out of alignment. Actually, I think I wasn't careful enough with the button holes and the right side is pulling.

No comments: