Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Opening day!

It's opening day for the EB children's clothing swap. I have to say my girls have been very spoiled! Heather is sick and Helen is at preschool, so they haven't tried on the outfits yet. I'll take some modelling shots as soon as I can. In the meantime, pictures of the clothes will have to do.

The first parcel to arrive contained a sweet little outfit for Heather, sewn by Ourcompletedfamily (sorry if I missed your real name somewhere!). She sewed a knit top, a cord/cotton skirt and a coordinating hairclip. The finish on everything is a high standard and the style of the top suits Heather really well. I considered putting something in my preferences about making sure there is room for her rather round tummy, but didn't want to sound too demanding. Well, it's like Ourcompletedfamily read my mind, because the empire style with gathers under the bust is one of my favourite styles for Heather and makes for a great fit! Thank you!
Sorry these photos don't really pay justice to the outfit:





The second parcel came from Naomi (Nayjay). She put together a spectacular outfit for Helen and several very generous extras. Amazing work, very high standard sewing. I feel so spoiled - thank you Naomi! There are some closer photos of the appliques on Naomi's blog.
Here is the outfit. Knit top, cord pinafore, cord zippered vest, navy cord pants, crocheted hat:



Here is a rear view of the pants, plus the extras Naomi included. Fabric (both the floral and the green horse print), coordinating printed ric rac, a 'made with love' label, yummy Roses chocolates and a singlet for the new baby:

No comments: