Thursday, March 31, 2011

What I sewed for the EB swap

Here are some pics of the outfits I made for the swap. Please excuse the bad quality of the photos - I was rushed because it was really windy and there were lots of potentially 'helpful' little kids around.

For Nic's son Luca (see modelling shots on Nic's blog):

Wool/acrylic blend overalls from an Ottobre pattern


The shirt I made didn't work out, so I bought this one instead...

...and added an apron for Luca to wear when he's working around the house. This was inspired by various apron ideas I've seen around the net, but I didn't refer to any particular pattern or tutorial to make this.
 

And for Fin's (ednaboo) four year old daughter:


Sequined corduroy dress (Ottobre)
Coordinating leggings (Ottobre). Unfortunately it was too hard to get cotton velour that fit the budget, so I went with polyester velour.
A simplified Buttercup bag from the scraps of the dress fabric

Fin is due to have another baby any day now, so knowing that she's a clothie, I couldn't resist popping in this little AI2. PUL outer, microfleece inner, bamboo fleece insert. Darling Diapers' free newborn pattern.



I'm not sure why the ends are curling under like that - I hope it evens out with use.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Penny we LOVE the outfit for Luca:) you are a champ! It's going to be a real winter favourite. Thank you, thank you, thank you :)