Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gusset mark II

I made another nappy with the new gusset.

This time I left the leg elastic uncased. The waist seems a bit too big - maybe I didn't sew the elastic tight enough.
 
Here I've marked the changes I made. First, I sewed a hem on the gusset strip to create a casing for the elastic (green line) (I cut the gusset strip 2 inches wide instead of 3 inches). This means the gusset is a single thickness of microfleece where it is sewn to the inner. It also keeps the elastic neater. After I finished sewing the gusset to the inner, I sewed a diagonal line at each end of the gusset (pink lines), eliminating a tight and potentially poo-harbouring corner (I was worried the corner was too tight for any 'stuff' to get washed out properly). Finally, The elastic ends (pink dots) are placed further back from the edge. This stops the front curling to the inside (see yellow nappy in previous entry).

No comments: