Friday, April 29, 2011

Supplies

I'm itching to get sewing for the baby. I think a stash of AI2 snail shell nappies would be a great start. To make them last longer, I'm considering making the size adjustable from newborn to small - hopefully then bub will be able to wear them for a few months rather than a few weeks. This would mean getting some button hole elastic, which I think I'd prefer for leg fit (vs. traditional snap-down rise).

I'm a bit nervous about the snail shells possibly not working, so my plan is to make them in such a way that they'll be easily converted to fitteds if required.

Last night I went ahead and ordered supplies for making snail shell nappies:
11m hook tape
50m loop tape
22m FOE
200 sets size 14 snaps.
Can't wait for the stuff to arrive!

Also, another Aussie member on Diaper Sewing Divas is very kindly sending me some FOE to try. Check out her website! http://www.clothish.com/

No comments: