Thursday, October 14, 2010

Apron - day five: Construction has begun!

Heather slept well today, so I was able to attach the shoulder ruffles and straps to the bib section (steps 9-11). Well, except pressing the seams at the end.

Straps sewn to bib and ruffles basted on:


Strap seams completed (this was tricky!):


Now that the top section is basically put together, I can see things I'll definitely change next time. I think the ruffles are too wide - almost ridiculous, actually - and the straps are too narrow. Maybe I made the hems on the ruffles too narrow, but either way they're still too wide. Widening the straps will also make construction easier, since the bib and other strap has to be tucked inside the strap tube when sewing the second seam (this is what made that part tricky).

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Looks great, will look awesome when finished!