Saturday, October 9, 2010

Time for an apron sew-along!

A few weeks back, I decided to make aprons for some family members for Christmas gifts. A few people on EB have joined in too - some are making aprons for their kids, and others are making adult sized aprons.
I started mine today. I'm using a free retro apron tutorial I found here. I bought enough fabric for four different aprons from Hawthorne Threads, and some coordinates and trim from Craft Depot. However, to try out the pattern for the first time, I'm sewing an apron for myself using an apron print that was in the clearance bin at Craft Depot.

Here are my fabrics. The paper is the pattern cutting diagram.


Ready to cut (and label):


The pieces all cut out:


That's it so far.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

That apron pattern is cute! It's going to look great. :-)