Friday, October 15, 2010

Apron - day six

Actually, it's partly day five continued, as I sewed a bit more last night after I posted.
Last night I sewed the waistband to the bib and sewed the ties to the waistband.
My internet connection was down for most of today and I couldn't access the tutorial, so it was either do no sewing or wing it based on my hazy memory of reading through the tutorial when I first found it a few weeks back. I gave it a go, and now that I can see the tutorial again, can see that my memory was pretty much correct. I managed to sew the skirt to the waistband, which means all the pieces are sewn together. I am part way through hand stitching the inside waistband section in place.
I'm not sure if I'll achieve my goal of completing the apron in seven days, given that tomorrow is Saturday and we have to do some packing, which could limit sewing time. It will be close either way.
Sorry, no photo today.

No comments: